A Pretty Easy Way to Add Sparkle to The Holidays
December 8, 2016
SHARE THIS ON
Whether you’re looking to add a little pizazz to your tree or want a fun craft to do with the kids, these glittery (yet inexpensive) ornaments are the perfect solution.
What you’ll need:
- 2 empty ROYALE® bathroom tissue and/or 1 Tiger Towel® paper towel rolls
- Spray paint
- Glitter (Tip: Coordinate your glitter with your spray paint colour)
- Spray adhesive
- Glue gun
- Jewel embellishments
- Fishing line or thin ribbon
- Pencil or Marker
- Cut each ROYALE® roll into strips about ¾” wide, making sure the strips are all the same size.
- Cut a strip in half. Take one half and glue the ends together to create a smaller circle for the center of your ornament (about 1” in diameter). (Tip: For smaller or larger ornaments, adjust the size of your center piece.)
- Create 5 smaller circles (to surround your center circle) by repeating process #2. Place them equal distances apart around your center circle and glue them in place.
- Take 5 more strips, cut them in half, and wrap them around a pen or marker to curl them ends.
- Glue the curled strips in place, pairing pieces together to form heart-like shapes.
- Once the glue dries, completely covers your ornament with spray paint.
- Once the paint is dry, coat with spray adhesive and sprinkle glitter over the entire ornament until completely covered.
- Finish up by adding a jewel embellishment to the center circle.
- Tie fishing line or ribbon to your ornament and hang.