These Boot Wipes Were Made for Canadian Winters
January 3, 2017
SHARE THIS ON
Your morning commute is tough enough during the winter months without having to worry about ruining your footwear.
With these easy on-the-go DIY wipes, you can tackle the mess as soon as you get indoors, and keep salt and slush from wreaking havoc on your boots*.
What you'll need:
- 10 Handy Half Sheets of ROYALE® Tiger Towel® paper towel, folded in half
- 1 re-sealable plastic bag (small or medium size)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- Place the folded Tiger Towel® in the baggie.
- Mix the water and vinegar solution together and pour it in the bag over the Tiger Towel®.
- Seal and shake until the Tiger Towel® is soaked.
Depending on the material of your boots, you will wipe (leather) or dab (cloth material) the affected areas until the stains disappear. Let your boots dry completely before wearing.
*Note: You should not use these wipes on suede or sheepskin material until you have tested a very small area first (like the tongue). If the test area dries perfectly, you can proceed but should follow instructions specific to suede or sheepskin boot care.
OTHER WINTER FOOTWARE TIPS:
Drying Boots/Footwear ▼
When your boots get soaked don’t turn them upside down over the heater – you could ruin their shape. Instead, stuff your boots with ROYALE® Tiger Towel® paper towel to absorb the moisture and help reinforce their structure as they dry.
DIY Deodorizers ▼
Deodorizer your boots, sneakers and hockey skates naturally 2 ways:
- ROYALE® Tiger Towel® paper towel + Essential Oil:
- ROYALE® Tiger Towel® paper towel + Baking Soda:
Place ¼ cup of baking soda in the center of a Full Sheet of ROYALE® Tiger Towel® paper towel.
Gather the edges of the paper towel towards the center, twist the ends, and tie with an elastic.
Repeat the process to create a second pouch.
Place a pouch in each shoe and leave them in overnight or until your next wear to get rid of odor.